More on Snippet and Ink
February 10, 2014
January 27, 2014
January 3, 2014
...I've moved salons!
(Also, I'm posting a blog post after only three posts the entire year of 2013, so yeah, I'd say that's pretty exciting, too!)
As of yesterday, you can now find me at Lunatic Fringe, a beautiful and inspiring salon in the old Melrose shopping center off Franklin Pike here in Nashville. Call 615-800-6225 if you'd like to schedule an appointment!
And to start off the new year right, I've posted a beautiful wedding I was able to style the hair for. The dream team of two Jessicas are responsible for so much of the rest of the beauty: Jessica Sloane for styling and planning and Jessica Lorren for photographing it.
I am so excited for this new chapter in my life and I'm so grateful for the support I've had from friends, family and clients alike. 2014 is already off to a beautiful start.
January 15, 2013
I know this updo might look intimidating, but it's really just a pony tail with a few twists and tucks. Here are the step-by-step instructions as originally posted on Once Wed:
1) Pull hair into a low pony tail.
2) Section hair into two parts: about one third in one section and two thirds in the other.
3) Twist the larger section into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
4) Smooth out the smaller section and pull it up loosely over the bun--secure the middle of that section to the top/base of the bun leaving the tail loose.
5) Separate the tail into two equal sized sections and tie them together once like you would at the beginning of tying a bow or shoe lace.
6) Wrap around and pin down the rest of those tails underneath the bun.
Good luck, ladies! I know you're all capable of this undertaking!